Friday, January 16, 2009

LATEST TREASURES~

Holiday break was over this week which means back to ukulele band practice with Melba (90 yr. mother-in-law) and neighbor, Sandi. We travel a couple towns down the highway to meet with other musical friends...some are really good, some getting better, and then there are the newbies--Sandi and I are in the last group (just started last year). Melba teaches us hula and all the other things she has done since retiring in 1980. My in-laws moved from Houston to Wimberely four years ago to be close to us. Melba was in four bands in Houston, sometimes leading them and has joined three since her arrival here. I have joined only two (not retired like the others) since I help my husband home school our 16 yr. old son .

I said all that to say, we hit every Thrift Store between here and there every Wednesday.
We strum a little, shop a little, and eat a little...
we really enjoy our girls day out!
We also have a favorite Dollar Store
where I picked up this bargain butterfly bag.
Feel free to copy and use if you wish.
Buttons, boxes, and birds...of my!
One of the things I can't pass up are
beautifully colored glassware.
The tall one is a new color for me--purple.
It was made in Spain.
This is the second suitcase I found this week, both only $2 each. By the way, this is in my living room. Everything in my home is hand-me-downs, second-hand shops, or heirlooms...I can count on one hand the things I have bought new. I love to love pre-loved things!

4 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love that suitcase...how wonderful is it inside! so very pretty. I had so much fun reading some of your posts this evening.
xo Lidy

The Feathered Nest said...

OMGoodness Candy, the suitcase IS AMAZING!!! I love, love them...great find girl! Hope you have a great weekend, xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so lucky!!! How in the world did you score that $2??? I love the inside. So pretty.

The Rustic Victorian said...

Music, shopping, eating, what more does a girl need,,,hahaha...what a good time you had.