Monday, April 11, 2011

Love began at the gallery...

Texas chicks gathered
to love on this Colorado babe,

KC Willis
She walked us through her pieces
and I bought this one.
Love the shades of pinks
and the quote spoke to me...
"If I was a lady...nobody would
remember me. Can't have that."

From the gallery to our
home for the weekend...
On the porch of Clark Mansion
,
love this keyhole window.

Itchin' to dig in and make
my own KC inspired
art.
have always loved this gypsy girl
and her melancholy gaze
and I also love
blue
texture
layers of texture
loved this machine
and it won't be long before

I have my own
layer upon layer of delicious fabric
ripped, burned, stitched
What if she...what if I could fly?
I can...I did...
and I'm hooked on collage...

I'm in love!

~Candy~

F.Y.I. there are two openings for this coming weekend. It's NOT to late to go...two thumbs up!

9 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Ohhh, this is beautiful and so are you!

I hope you have a great week!!

xxoo

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Candy Sweetie...
This looks like so much fun. I love seeing the layers and if you have any tutorials that you would be willing to share (sizes and yardages) I would love to give it a whirl. I also notice you metioned burning edges, how did you do that as well?

I would love to make a couple. The layering looks fun. Thank you for sharing with me. You look fabulous. Love that key-hole window as well.

Have a glorious Monday sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

dix said...

Candy,you are so special. It was great spending time with you and creating with you at the Clark Mansion this past weekend. Your pics are fabulous. Girl,,you really know how to collage and blog about it!

suzeeez said...

I love it !! Great job and love the one you were inpsired by too. If I ever get my sewing machine out and set up I'm going to try and make one too! Thanks for the inspiration. :o) Sue

The Feathered Nest said...

ohmygoodness Candy!!!! Your creations is gorgeous!!!! What fun you must have had....you are definitely a natural ~ your parcel is heading your way this week, finally! hugs and love, Dawn

Sandi McBride said...

You are an artista!!!
Sandi

Evy said...

Candy votes for work is magnificent, I like colors and assembly, it is completed! Si romantique!

Hugs

Gaby Bee said...

This looks like a great fun! Your creation is absolutely stunning, Candy! You rock!!!

Happy Spring!
Gaby xo

suziqu's thread works said...

Congratulations on this beautiful collage on your new sewing machine.
It can become very addictive - I'm just warning you.
Have fun!
Thanks for visiting my blog.
Cheers,
Suzy