Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday Fun at Trade Days


The sun was shining brightly and
a brisk cool breeze filled the air
as Terry and I began our day.
Giddy with excitement and giggles
brought out the lighter side of
shop owners as they shared
bits of their personal lives with us.
One lady asked if we had
been hittin' the sauce...
nope, we're just high on life.



We would gather little things here and there
filling our shopping bags,
then head for the car, unload, and
rebound for more.



Do you like my party hat?

I do, I do like that party hat!


O.K. this was a bit overwhelming.
We only checked out about
five tables. It would have taken
a week to go through all that stuff.

So here is most of what I brought home.


One little blue crocheted baby shoe
The gold colored heart actually came from
the booth with the tons of stuff.


I looked at this blue rimmed bowl and rustled with...
should I? $5 I don't know?
Then the man said,"That stack of dishes are $1 each."
SOLD! Hey lady, I just want you to know,
it does have a chip.


It was a great day,
wish you all could have come along!

Good Night
~Candy~


10 comments:

The Painted Nest said...

Candy, Girl you got some GREAT STUFF!!!! Looks like you had a wonderful time with Terry! I love the red shoes, pincushion and little dress!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! I've missed everyone,--been sick,-acute bronchitis---getting better!Glad to be back!!! Blessings Always, Deborah

Gossamer Creations said...

Hi Candy,
You must have had so much fun there. I think I would have been in heaven. My heart started beating faster just seeing all those tables of goodies. You got some beautiful things.
~Sue~

Linda Q said...

Wow, what a place, looks like alot of fun. You found some neat things to bring home!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Candy, thought I'd drop in for a visit and I'm so happy that I did. You seemed to be so full of life. Loved your hat. Come visit me when you get a free moment, love meeting new friends.

Hugs,
Chris

Dixie said...

now... how'd I miss this post?? must be on my pink saturday mission to view as many posts in 2-hours as i can... LOL... great finds... i notice you love old baby shoes... i agree they're beautiful... but what do you do with them? i remember seeing some in an older post of yours...

love all your great finds! thanks for sharing them... looks like you guys had great fun!
Dixie

Anonymous said...

Oh Candy,I got such a rush.I went last Mothers Day for the first time and I've lived here 25yrs.Everytime we thought about it ,it was the wrong wk-end.FINALLY,I got to go.WHAT A THRILL.Thank you for taking me with you...Ann

Lady Farmer said...

Wow! What a treasure trove of delights! We don't have anything like that around us. Dare I say, I'm jealous!
Looks like you had a very fun and profitable day.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my, I would have been in heaven and that bowl is so gorgeous. It would really go great with my new color scheme. What a fun shopping trip. Hugs, Marty

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR CANDY,
I AM SOOOO VERY SORRY I HAVE MISSED YOUR POSTS....I HAVE REALLY BEEN MISSING ALOT OF JOY THAT YOU HAVE TO SHARE. I SURE DID NOT OVER LOOK YOU ON PURPOSE...IT IS SO HARD TO REMEMBER EVERYBODIES BLOG BUT I KNOW YOU WERE ONE OF THE FIRST VERY SWEET LADIES TO FOLLOW MY BLOG.
FORGIVE ME FOR ACCIDENTALLY OVER LOOKING YOUR POSTS
HUGS
debbie

Charlene said...

Oh WOW you did get some goodies! My favorite is the little crocheted dress. I know you guys had a blast. I had hoped to go to Canton this weekend but, got booked for work so guess I will put it off until next month. You should come up & go with us sometime. Maybe we could talk Pat into going too.