Thursday, January 28, 2010

Love in Bloom~

Oh! I'm so excited about the
first bloom from my February crop.
You can grow them too!
All it takes is some inspiration
from Blogland. I got it today and
am passing on to you...

Dig around in your supplies for
a bit of burlap scrap


attach to a cedar stick from the yard...
it helps to live in the country,
you city gals will have to be more creative.

Needs to be red?
a sprinkle of red and black craft paint
smeared in a paper plate
and have fun with your brush
a little brush here
a little brush there
e-i-e-i-oooo so pretty!

add a little L*O*V*E patch that
just takes a scrap of ribbon,
yarn, whatever...

secret...I used a real needle not that old rusty nail.I can't wait for more to bloom

Go on put your own twist to it,
it's so much fun!

~Candy~

10 comments:

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is SO Adorable! I love the way you spelled out Love and then wound it to the nail!!! Such a great detail!!

I LOVE IT!

Lou Cinda :)

Dixie said...

oh that nail in the heart... only you Candy girl!

see you tomorrow... we'll be there at 10!

The Feathered Nest said...

Candy! this is so beautiful to me!!! I just love it...xxoo, Dawn

The Muse said...

MARVELOUS!!!!
i am sowing seeds right now!

oh, bravo!!

Sandi (Meme) said...

How cute! I'm going to keep that idea in the back of my head. Might need that later on! Have a blessed week!

Wildflowerhouse said...

I am into hearts up to my eyebrows. Love yours. Drop on over as just about everyday a new heart pops out of my studio! Lol

The Old Parsonage said...

Now that's a bit of eye candy. And the way that you explained it, it sounds so simple. I may just try it!

Have a wonderful night!
Leann

The Rustic Victorian said...

What a fun project!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

It looks like you had alot of fun with this, it shows..love your blog, I am now a new follower of yours....come for a visit..Phyllis

Weathered & Worn said...

I like your heart, your blog looks wonderful!