Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So why am I happy?

I know I told you in my last post that I was resting, but that's not exactly true. The fabric collage I sold in Huntsville, on my recent visit, lead to another opportunity to send a few more RockCandy Creations to that town. Thanks to Karen who wanted one similar to 'REST' but with a photo of her mom at two years old. She also loved the 'I sing because I'm happy...' quote. Here is what came together after ripping, staining, burning, and stitching.
click on the picture to see it bigger
Then she wanted one similar to
'Wisdom begins in wonder'
her co-worker, Patsy bought...
...but with her picture from kindergarten.
So why am I happy?
Because creating art makes me happy
and having someone else like it too...
well that's just icing on the cake.

~Candy~

7 comments:

kallen1105 said...

Well Candy you made my heart sing. I love both pieces you did for me. They are just beautiful. The picture doesn't do them justice.
Can't wait to give my Mother her's. I know she'll love it as much as I love mine. Love your blog. Please keep sharing all your creative talent.
Take care, Karen

Anonymous said...

Candy,,,these are so beautiful! The quotes, the images and the love are exceptional. The real gift is the joy you give to others in the creations...

Hugs,
Lynn♥

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Congrats to you Candy! Your fabric collages are beautiful. So much detail. No wonder they are sought after! Best wishes, Tammy

Helen said...

These are stunning! What a talent bombshell you are ..........

Gaby Bee said...

These babric collages are absolutely stunning. All the details are so lovely and allow the eye to wander around and around. Just perfect!

Have a fabulous day my friend!
Gaby

Dixie said...

the whole blog world will soon be "Candy-fied"... just like me! Beautiful work my friend. Had a great time Friday. A junkin trip that was good for the soul. Next time... your stompin' grounds! Hugs. Dixie

Charlene said...

ADORABLE! I am excited to take a 2 day class with KC Willis in December! Using the fibers like you have will be so much fun. Congrats on selling them. HUGS!
Charlene