Friday, February 1, 2013

Mardi Gras mask makeovers

 My guy is a techno geek so I
made his to have the
appearance of a circuit board. 
(he wanted to know why his 
has no feathers oops...
plug the glue gun back in) 
 
Mine took on a life of it's own as it went together. I knew I wanted the feel of my artwork and of course some leopard touches, so as I dug around in boxes and drawers in my studio for just the right pieces, it became a mask with two personalities.
 From the right one can see my 
wild shabby side but
if you came up on my left...
it's all about feathers. An ostrich plume or two and several peacocks feathers on a cluster of darker blue short ones.
So as we head off to the masked ball we are sure of one thing...we'll not be running into another couple with the same headdress.


plain mask   .50
embellishments    1.00
finished master pieces    priceless

off to make merry 
~Candy~


10 comments:

Ornate Splendor said...

Had to do a double take to digest all the lovely details on this mask...fantastic! (Being from Louisiana, I have a special place in my heart for Mardi Gras.) Your embellishments and creativity with the leopard print are Fun with a capital F!

Dixie said...

I'm not sure stopping by once a week is enough... glad you shared your masks... yours is perfect... absolutely "eye-Candy"... sorry... couldn't resist that one.

hugs. Dixie

Gaby Bee said...

Love everything you do. You are so creative.

Have a great week!
Gaby xo

Sheila R - Blessed and Distressed said...

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi on my blog. I have loved seeing all your beautiful fabric artwork. Gorgeous.

dix said...

Absolutely love your masks! Girl, you are so creative! Your posts make me smile! Thanks for sharing. dix---

MEDIA RJ said...

awesome pics

hajjandumrah said...

I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you
epoxy coatings
glue removal
floor levelling
Polished concrete sydney
concrete repairs
concrete coatings

shayaankhan said...

Title:
Best Revenue sharing with the High Returns Investment

Content:
Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
For More Details click the link below:

Web Link:
http://whatacash.com
Display Name: whatacashwaqar

Big Name Brand said...

I can see that you are putting a lot of time and effort into your site and
detailed articles! I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here

Mens Watches
Kenneth Cole Watches
DKNY Watches
Ted Baker Watches
Guess Watches
Michael Kors Watches
Ben Sherman Watches
Henleys Watches

Saif austin said...

I love your site! You will be in our prayers and thoughts! Nice and informative post
on this topic thanks for sharing with us.Thank you

EPOXY COATINGS SYDNEY | CONCRETE POLISHING SYDNEY