Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I need more time...

Really!!! My heart tugs every time I run past my crafting table. I have two projects developing and hopefully next week I can complete them. For now...it's off to Texas A&M for their New Student Conference. Our only son, our only child will be heading to college in the Fall (end of August). I told a friend the other day that I wondered if it was possible to jump up and down with joy and cry at the same time. Joy for getting him to this point and launching him out into the world and sadness for the end of childhood.

Samuel is an awesome young man and we are proud parents looking forward to this next chapter in his book of life.
GIG'EM AGGIES!

~Candy~

5 comments:

Cherrie said...

He is a handsome young man!

Unknown said...

Girl, I feel your pain, I felt the same way last summer as I took my daughter to orientation at Texas State, it just seems like yesterday she was my baby girl and now a young woman.

I just found your blog today and I love it!! I can't wait to read more!!

Hugs,
Leslie

dix said...

Candy,congratulations on a job well done! What a wonderful mom you are! Your son is starting a new chapter...and at TAMU! Gig 'em. We have an Aggie, too!

Your blog is soooo inspiring!
dix---

Dixie said...

Only the really great moms feel the joy and the sadness at the same time... You dunnnnn good girl!

Sharlotte said...

Hi Candy,
I've been following for a long time...and just wanted to comment on this post. I understanding exactly how you feel. I have one son {an Aggie} graduated, married, and about to move clear across the country...and my last child about to begin his second year at TAMU. In fact he's a Fish Camp counselor...perhaps our sons paths will cross! As a parent, we've loved College Station. It's a community that truly supports the students! You have my very best wishes! Whoop!
Sharlotte