Friday, June 24, 2011

Soaring?

"One cannot consent to
creep when one feels
the impulse to soar."
Helen Keller
Although creep would best describe
my latest creation,
I'm soaring now that she's completed.
I chose a black pillow for the base of this fabric collage of vintage doilies, vintage trim and this vintage print of a girl in a fabulously embellished butterfly dress. Also added were a few sequins and pink glass beads from the last generation of crafters in the family.

I think it would provide a nice pop of color for any shabby chic setting. Whether on a bed, sofa, or chair she would remind those passing by to release their gypsy soul to new possibilities.

She'll be waiting here...

~Candy~

7 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

She's gorgeous my friend. Simply beautiful. I love it. you are sooo talented.

Come to Oklahoma and TEACH ME!

xoRebecca

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It's beautiful Candy! Hope you are having a fabulous Friday. Tammy

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

This is just gorgeous. Your work is beautiful.

Hugs, Jackie

Unknown said...

Yeah! I love the butterfly girl on the pillow! Beautiful!

dix said...

Candy, This is beautiful! The vintage image is so unique and I'm so impressed with the way you used it. You are soooo creative!
dix---

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Beautiful!

Dixie said...

I love it Candy girl!!!! You talent is blooming right before our eyes... hugs. Dixie