Wednesday, November 9, 2011

In between the crazy

As I decide what to write about life and how crazy it is, the thought popped into my head that it's not life that is crazy but that maybe it's me! Well I quickly popped that little thought bubble looming above my head. IT IS LIFE! But I'm thankful for moments set aside for creating which, as most of you know, can bring a calm to the spirit. My sewing machine can hum a happy tune...
One of my BFFs is connected with the Commemorative Air Force community in San Marcos, TX. Every year they host a dinner and dance to raise money to fund the restoration and care for vintage planes. My way of helping out was to make an art piece for the silent auction.

Pistol Packin' Mamas from WWII
"She can fly like any man
and look better doing it."

Digging through my embellishment stash
I found this remnant of an old leather garden glove.
Now I'm pretty sure these
WASP--Women Airforce Service Pilots
had a little bling on their gloves...what'd you think?

Good luck at auction girls...
Fly high and bring in the big bucks!

~Candy~

5 comments:

RobinfromCA said...

What a wonderful tribute to the lady pioneers of the air! I hope they bring in lots of money for the cause!

Robin

dix said...

Candy, this is fabulous and sooo very creative of you! I think bling is perfect for these courageous women. I can see Big Bucks on the way!

Dixie said...

This could be my favorite piece that you've done! Wonderful!

Hope to see you soooooon!

Unknown said...

Great job for the auction Candy.
Happy day!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

What a beautiful & meaninful piece! I love it! I will be attending a KC Willis workshop in San Angelo in a few weeks (my first time) and I can't wait! Im glad to have found your blog-love your style!