Monday, November 14, 2011

and the winner is...

They came from all over and
traveled back in time for a night of
dining and dancing to the
40's swing band music of the
Sentimental Journey Orchestra.

They came for the annual celebration
held in the hangar of the
Commemorative Air Force of San Marcos, TX.

Two of the night's events were a
dance contest and silent auction.
And making his appearance again this year
was the famous kissing sailor,
Glenn McDuffie.

My art piece (see my last post) was raffled off and
the lady who wanted it the most...got it!

Beth Ann Jenkins
of Georgetownand what makes the story
so cool is...
Beth Ann is a member of the
Devil Dog Squadron
and flies a B-25.
"She can fly as well as any man
and look better doing it."

Me?
I'm keeping my feet
on the ground...


~Candy~

5 comments:

Dixie said...

she looks mighty proud to be the winning bidder! hope it sold for a bunch of money!

Sandi McBride said...

I guess that's how it should be, who wants it most wins it! Sorry I've been away so long...but I'm back and ready to be entertained by your wit!
Sandi

Sandi McBride said...

stopped in again to invite you to my new blog site!
hugs
Sandi

Petronela said...

you bring a lot of magic to your blog posts, I declare myself enchanted by your glimpses of life.

dix said...

Lucky lady! I know she is proud to own a Rock Candy original! Beautiful creation!