Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas-time to share

Here's my little elf that Dixie gave me the other day.
We got together and had a party with our elf-selves.
And now she sits on the shelf
all by herself.

Well not really all by herself...
On each side are pics of my
sweet baby Samuel (born 1992)
Every year I took a picture of him
in a Santa hat.
Here he is holding a little vintage snowman
from my childhood~~1950's
And a few more Christmas decorations I grew up with...
this tall felt-embellished story book
Night Before Christmas
and this standing velvet-suited Santa.
The candy book isn't vintage but
we girls (I'm a middle daughter)
got one every year full of
lifesavers.

Merry Christmas to all
and to all a
Good Night!

~~Candy Cane~~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to see you. Been wondering about Rock Candy!!

Unknown said...

It will be good to have you back.
The shells are actually on the top of a ottoman. Isn't it beautiful?

Gaby Bee said...

Hi Candy,
Merry Christmas and a very Happy Healthy New Year to you and all your loved ones.

Sending big hugs,
Gaby

Dixie said...

okay... things look better here now! LOL!

I'm so happy that your elf sits there being kept company by "little Samuel".... a perfect match!

Hope you finished up that shopping! I've got 8 appointments in Seguin today, so won't get to go visit Beverly at all!


Talk to you soon!
Christmas Hugs! Dixie

Helen said...

... and a big howdy from Bend Oregon!
Joyeux Noël