Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rock Walls

Kathleen of Faded Charm provides a venue for
those with a love for white, be it old or new
but with just the right faded charm.

RockCandy dreams of rocks.
Walls made from rocks.

Huge heavy timbers and field stone adorn a place
for those dreams to come true.

bed at Lennoxx.com
Copper pots against a rough rock wall and
the smell of homemade bread fills the air.

Country Living.com
And the dream continues as a chill blows
through the trees outside.
I'm snuggled by the fire...
with Romantic Country magazines...

Country Living.com

dreaming.



Life has turned into a busy merry-go-round.
And I scream!!!
Slooowww dooowwwnnn so I can get off!

" Teachers who inspire realize
there will always be rocks
in the road ahead of us.
They will be stumbling blocks
or stepping stones;
it all depends on how
we use them."


Hope you gals are taking life easy.

~Candy~

17 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love all your beautiful images...so warm and cozy. A few blocks from our house is a new house that looks old; a country french cottage made of rock, and it is my favorite house of all time. I just drive by sometimes and imagine living there. aaaaahhh.
Debra

Barbara Jean said...

Beautiful pics.
I'll share those dreams with you. =0))
Have a super week.

Barbara jean

Mumzie said...

Love your white and your music! Thanks :) Mumzie

Jenny said...

Oh I love stone. Stone walls, stone houses, bowls of pebbles. Some of your photos are my dream rooms. Wow. I once moved an entire stone barn foundation by hand (with a little coerced muscle assistance) before a bulldozer came in and levelled an old farmstead. I wanted to move those stones from Ohio to AZ when we moved here 15 years ago but it seemed excessive. I still wish I had.

Shabby Cottage Shoppe said...

Oh my! Love the dreamy rooms! Love the music too! How adorable!
Gail

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Loving those pictures. I remember the first time I saw them in the magazine and then they just caused me to sigh...they had the same effect today.
Hope all is well with you and yours. I'm out and about reconnecting with my blogging buddies after having been MIA for a bit.
Hope you are enjoying your day!

Dixie said...

that ceiling above the bed is about the same height as my camper bedroom... wonder if I can get that same ambiance? hummmmm... and that lounger is to die for! I want that!

see ya soon!

Tootsie said...

what a dreamy place! I am going to check out that other blog right now!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Awesome pics. Happy Wednesday

cindy@stitches

June said...

Candy I've always wanted a stone cottage, so your pictures are definitely stirring something in me today. I love this post!
Hugs,
June

Vicki said...

Hi, Candy,
Those beautiful white rooms are so inspiring!! Love your post today!! Happy White Wednesday to you and blessings, Vicki

blushing rose said...

Love your write, Candy ... I've been in some lovely stone homes. The white decor in these pics are gorgeous.

Have a snuggly warm eve. TTFN ~Marydon

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Candy, loved these images. Hoping your having a good week...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Barbara said...

Wow, great pictures, I can just see some of my cats on those beds leaving hair all over everything.

I would love to have the white though...

Have a great weekend, Candy.
Barbara

The Old Parsonage said...

Sweet Serenity!

Lovely as always!
Leann

xinex said...

What a beautiful house, Candy! I love the stone walls too!..Christine

Regina said...

Hello Candy.
Gorgeous. I love it.

Happy weekend.